We have been searching for an alternative metal for wedding bands that is more durable than Tungsten Carbide. Vitalium is the answer.
Over the years we have found that there are some problems with Tungsten Carbide wedding bands. Tungsten Carbide bands are prone to breaking when dropped on a hard surface. There is also an issue with Tungsten bands because they are difficult to remove in an emergency. Many people have returned them for exchanges.
A dear friend of mine in the industry has developed Vitalium, which is a composition metal with the following traits. Vitalium rings are:
- A brilliant pure white metal.
- Five times as hard as Titanium and six times as hard as Platinum.
- More durable than Tungsten Carbide.
- Scratch resistant.
- Will not oxidize, tarnish, or discolor.
- Comfort fit (inside round).
There are numerous unique styles, all of which are available at Richard Dolgin Private Jeweler.
Here are some examples of the available styles.